Probiotic formula with added cranberry extract for UTI support
• Helps prevent recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) in women
• Provides 30 billion CFU per day from a combination of five proprietary probiotic strains, including L. gasseri
• Includes 500 mg of PACRAN® Cranberry fruit extract daily, equivalent to 25 g of fresh fruit
• Probiotics backed by over 20 years of clinical evidence
HMF UTI is a combination of research-driven probiotics and PACRAN®, a clinically studied cranberry fruit extract that helps prevent recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) in women. Approximately 10-20% of women experience one or more incidents of urinary discomfort or UTIs each year, with recurrence rates around 20%.1 Cranberries are rich in polyphenol antioxidant compounds such as proanthocyanidins, which reduce the adhesiveness of E. coli bacteria to the uroepithelial cells that line the bladder.2 Regular PACRAN® supplementation has been shown to reduce E. coli presence and UTI incidence in women with a history of recurrent infections.3,4 HMF UTI also contains five strains of proprietary probiotics that have demonstrated superior adherence to the gut lining and natural resistance to pH and bile acid.5 Included in this probiotic blend is L. gasseri, one of the predominant vaginal Lactobacillus species.6
1. Hudson, T. Altern Complement Ther. 2006; 12(6): 297-302.
2. Howell, AB. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007; 51(6): 732-737.
3. Sengupta, K, Alluri, KV, Golakoti, T, Gottumukkala, GV, Raavi, J, Kotchrlakota, L, Sigalan, SC, Dey, D, Ghosh, S, Chatterjee, A. [Abstract]. Curr Bioact Comp. 2011; 7(1): 39-46.
4. Fromentin, E, Vostalova, J, Vidlar, A, Galandakova, A, Vrbkova, J, Ulrichova, J, Student, V, Simanek, V. [Abstract]. FASEB J. 2014; 28(1, Suppl 639.4).
5. Seroyal. Data on file.
6. Pavlova, SI, Kilic, AO, Kilic, SS, So, JS, Nader-Macias, ME, Simoes, JA, Tao, L. J Appl Microbiol. 2002; 92(3): 451-9.
Recommended Adult Dose: Take two capsules daily, at least two to three hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.