Great-tasting adult's immune support formula
• Reduces the risk of developing and the duration of upper respiratory tract illness in physically active adults
• Offers 30 billion CFU per dose from a combination of five proprietary strains, plus vitamins C and D
• Helps to maintain proper muscle function and nutrient metabolism
• Once-daily chewable tablet available in a delicious natural blackcurrant flavour
HMF Immune combines proprietary probiotics with vitamins C and D to provide targeted support for the immune system. Each convenient, once-daily chewable tablet provides a blend of five research-driven probiotic strains from both the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genera. As nearly 80% of the body's immunologically active cells are located in gut-associated lymphoid tissue, an important connection has been demonstrated between the intestines and the immune system.1 In addition to supporting gastrointestinal health, HMF Immune provides Bl-04, a strain that has been shown in a clinical trial to reduce the risk of developing and the duration of upper respiratory tract illness in physically active adults.2 Similarly, it offers CUL-60, CUL-21, CUL-34 and CUL-20, which were demonstrated in a clinical trial to support upper respiratory tract health when combined with vitamin C.3 To further help maintain immune function, HMF Immune contains vitamins C and D. Vitamin C supports the immune system by regulating lymphocyte proliferation, natural killer cell activity and immunoglobulin production, while vitamin D helps control T cell activation, cytokine release and phagocytosis in macrophages.4 Research demonstrates that vitamins C and D may be especially effective in maintaining immune function in the respiratory tract.5,6
1. Saavedra, JM. Use of Probiotics in Pediatrics: Rationale, Mechanisms of Action, and Practical Aspects. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2007; 22: 351–365.
2. West, NP, Horn, PL, Pyne, DB, Gebski, VJ, Lahtinen, SJ, Fricker, PA, Cripps, AW. Clin Nutr. 2014; 33(4): 581-7.
3. Garaiova, I, Muchová, J, Nagyová, Z, Wang, D, Li, JV, Országhová, Z, Michael, DR, Plummer, SF, Ďuračková, Z. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015; 69(3): 373-9. 4. Combs, GF. (2012). Vitamin C. In (4th ed), The Vitamins (pp. 233-259). USA: Elsevier.
5. Hemilä, H, Chalker, E. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; (1): CD000980.
6. de Sa Del Fiol, F, Barberato-Filho, S, Lopes, LC, de Cassia Bergamaschi, C. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2015; 9(4): 355-61.
(Each Capsule Contains)
Probiotic Consortium . . . . . . . . 25 billion CFU
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60)
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21)
Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
Adults and Children (6 years and older): Take one capsule daily with a meal, or as recommended by your health care practitioner.
Cautions & Warnings
If you have an immune-compromised condition, do not use. If you are experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond three days, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner.
Collections: Best selling products, Brands, Brands(G-K), Genestra