NOW Real Food® Xylitol Plus combines the pleasant taste of xylitol with BetterStevia®, a zero-calorie herbal sweetener that complements and even enhances the sweetening characteristics of xylitol. With NOW Real Food® Xylitol Plus you get an excellent, healthy alternative to table sugar and artificial sweeteners that has 40% fewer calories than sugar and a delicious, clean, sweet taste. Xylitol Plus can be used to sweeten your favorite beverages and it's also great in oatmeal, cereals, and other natural foods.
Xylitol is a sweetener classified as a "sugar alcohol" that's derived from non-GMO corn. Unlike sugars such as sucrose and fructose, xylitol doesn't promote tooth decay. Even though it's classified as a carbohydrate, xylitol has a low glycemic impact due to its slow absorption in the digestive tract, and its caloric impact is around 1/3 lower than other carbohydrates, making it a healthy sweetener that's hard to beat.
Xylitol, BetterStevia® (Organic Stevia Leaf Extract), Silica.
Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.8 g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Sugar Alcohol (Xylitol)||1.7 g|
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium.
Mix one packet with your coffee, tea, or sprinkle on foods.
Cautions & Warnings
Diarrhea may occur with excessive consumption. If this happens, reduce intake or discontinue use.
Xylitol is harmful to pets; seek veterinary care immediately if ingestion is suspected. Learn more about pet safety.
WARNING: Ingestion of Xylitol, in any product is a medical emergency if consumed by pets, especially dogs, ferrets and rabbits. If you suspect your pet ingested xylitol by either observing this happen or finding evidence of a chewed container or product, and the animal is acting normal, you should attempt to give animal(s) a small meal and at the same time, immediately seek medical attention. If you have evidence that they ingested a product that contains xylitol and the animal(s) is not acting normal you should seek medical attention immediately without giving the animal any food.